writing prompts for your feminine side
Whenever I’m stuck or feeling writer’s block, writing prompts can bring me back to life. They can help keep my pen (or fingers) moving, keep the words flowing, and lead me back to the story. So if you’re stuck, I’m glad to share these writing prompts to spark your narrative. Enjoy!
Writing Prompts to Entice Your Feminine Side
HELPFUL HINTS: Use each prompt as a starting point. You may want to set a timer for 5, 10, or 20 minutes and free write. You may want to record yourself speaking in response to each prompt. Use these ideas to spark your own voice, to tell your own story. Don’t stress if you stray from the original prompt. Have fun!
- Who is the most influential woman you know? How does she inspire you?
- I remember. I am afraid of. I am moved by. I am grateful for. // Use these phrases to free write until your hand aches.
- Go outside. Write what you hear, smell, see. Write about the light. Write about the air.
- Write about your own birth. If you don’t know the story, make it up. What happened that day, how did the sky look, how did your family welcome you into the world?
- Write a letter to your future self, 20 years from now.
- Write about your childhood. What was your room like? Write about your favorite toy, your favorite outfit, your favorite outdoor activity.
- Write about intuition. What does it mean to you? Do you remember a time you acted on your intuition? How did it serve you?
- What is your greatest weakness? What is your best quality? How do you make the world a better place?
- Write an ode to a body part of yours. Write an ode to a body part of someone you love.
- Write about someone you used to know well but now don’t know anymore.
- Write about your feminine side. Write about how you encourage or suppress it.
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be? What tree? What beverage?
I created these feminine-themed writing prompts to give away at FemmeFest615, a women’s empowerment festival. Check out the cool community poem we created there if it strikes your fancy.
Did you connect with one of these writing prompts? I’d love to hear what you came up with!
See how Courtney responded to the first writing prompt: Who is the most influential woman you know? The answer might surprise you.